Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. The Hallmark holiday is the perfect time to show the one you love most just how important they are to you. To make this year’s Valentine’s Day celebration memorable and exciting for both of you, the Richmond/Wayne County, IN Tourism Bureau has created five (5) new getaway packages! You can learn more about them here! If you have yet to enter into our Valentine's Getaway Giveaway, you can enter now by clicking here!
These weekend getaways enable you and your sweetheart to spend the loving holiday together surrounded by unique Wayne County culture. Each hotel or bed and breakfast is located minutes away from fun and excitement. These packages were crafted with you and your loved one in mind. Indulge in luxury, explore Wayne County, and embrace one another.
During your stay, indulge in Wayne County’s very own Chocolate Trail, the Heartland Wine and Ale Trail, or the Antique Alley Trails. If the sun is out and your looking to explore nature, wander the trails of Hayes Arboretum, Cope Environmental Center, or the Cardinal Greenway. The Richmond/Wayne County Tourism Bureau also has a historical walking tour for those who love to remember what used to be!
Unwind at the end of the night with a delicious dinner. Many of the locally owned restaurants are offering Valentine’s Day Specials. To get your stomach grumbling, consider one of the many options (this is not representative of all that Wayne County offers; this is only a select few):
- No. 9 Grill in Cambridge City, IN will have crab stuffed filets, as well as crab cakes.
- Cordial Cork will host dinner for two at 5 pm or 8 pm. Tickets for this dinner will be on sale through February 9th. The cost of the ticket ($90/couple) gets each person one appetizer, one salad, one entree, one dessert, and two glasses of beer/wine. Reservations are in-person only. See more details here.
- Willie and Red’s will be having Valentine’s Day specials on February 9, 10, 14 (special evening hours), 16, and 17. There are three “Tier 1 Packages” that include: boneless porterhouse for two; surf and turf lobster for two; and surf and turf king crab from two. The “Tier 2 Package” includes the choice of two of the following meals: 12 oz. New York Strip steak and three breaded shrimp with two sides, salmon filet with two sides, 12 oz. prime rib with two sides, or 1 lb. of snow crab legs with two sides. You also may choose between a half pound box of Abbott’s chocolates, a ¾ pound box of caramels, or a bottle of house wine. There’s also a smorgasbord package with the choice of chocolates, caramels, or wine. Learn more here.
- The Kitchen at the Loft will be featuring local Golliher Meats smoked prime rib, shrimp and grits, sweet potato gnocchi, an ancho maple glazed salmon, a specialty pork chop, a stir fry, and several more delicious items!
- Little Sheba’s is having a Valentine’s Day special from February 14-17th. The dinner for two is $39.99 and includes your choice of the following: spinach artichoke ravioli with a side salad and grilled Texas toast; grilled salmon with seasoned rice pilaf, steamed vegetable blend, and grilled Texas toast; or prime rib with a twice baked potato, baked asparagus, and grilled Texas toast. For dessert you will be able to enjoy Little Sheba’s signature heart shaped brownies. Each person will have their choice of white or red wine. Click here to learn more!
- J & J Winery and Cafe will have a three course dinner for two with salad and bread; chicken piccata with steamed veggies and wild rice or strip steak with baked potato and steamed veggies; and dessert. There is a bonus glass of wine or beer included. The cost is $24.99 and by reservation only. (Call 765-965-9463). Click here for more information!
Richmond is also home to the Historic Depot District. Laced with old fashioned buildings, the Depot Districts provides visitors even more Wayne County flavors and styles with locally owned businesses!
If you’re feeling adventurous, stop by the Old National Road Welcome Center to check out all the sights and sounds Richmond/Wayne County has to offer!
Make this Valentine’s Day unforgettable with the one you love by your side. Indulge, shop, and explore in Wayne County!