Corner of East Main & 22nd StreetRichmond, IN 47374
Dawn to Dusk
In commemoration of pioneer mothers of the covered wagon days, this statue is the ninth link in the Great National Shrine erected by the Daughters of the American Revolution along the National Road Trail. There are only 12 statues linked along US 40 from Bethesda, Maryland, to Upland, California. The Richmond statue was dedicated in 1928 by a little-known Missouri judge, Harry S. Truman. The statue stands at the entrance of Glen Miller Park, US 40 E.
Richmond Area, Along Historic Nat'l Road (US 40)